Cardinal Health Supply Chain Advisor -EMEA ( Inventory/Purchasing) in Dublin CAH Office, Ireland
JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Advisor -EMEA ( Inventory/Purchasing)
LOCATION: Dublin -Leoparstown
At Cardinal Health, we are developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. This is your opportunity to join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference to our customers and communities.
The Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing team is responsible for managing supplier relations at a tactical level by executing and expediting purchase orders. Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing ensures the right quantity of products arrive in the right place, at the right time and cost. Assists in negotiating product and supply chain costs. Utilize terms and conditions of supplier contracts, work with internal customers to improve processes,
and evaluate supplier performance that ultimately improves the supply chain.
•Demonstrates decision making skills to make optimal purchasing decisions based on supplier and customer contracts, situational information, and all other available data for assigned product lines at the optimum cost.
•Utilizes influencing, communication, and collaborative skills to partner with all internal customers (i.e. Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc.) and external Supplier Partners to ensure timely delivery of products to assigned distribution centers and the efficiency of our Supply Chain.
•Possesses technical skills around our purchasing systems (SCORE and SAP), Expediting system (EAI web based tool), reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, and MS Access/Excel).
•Final decision makers for forecast and inventory related decisions for their assigned supplier portfolio.
•Understands and meets goals for Service Level, Days of Inventory on hand, purchase order expediting, and others as established by the management team.
•Runs and analyzes data from multiple data sources to understand the root cause of a problem or low metric and to have quality discussions with supplier partners.
•Develops long term relationships with supplier partners to continually push to improve purchasing processes.
Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- Collaborates with suppliers and colleagues globally (EMEA, APAC and North America)
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding metrics including targets focused on service and inventory
- Identify key capacity constraints within the entire Supply Chain, monitor them and provide advanced notice to the business when the load will outpace the capacity
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently; receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Possesses technical skills around purchasing systems (SAP) and reporting tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, global experience preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.