Cardinal Health Advisor, Data Analytics (People Analytics & Insights) in Dublin, Ohio
What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision-making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Understands current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to act based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
People Analytics and Insights produces a myriad of deliverables to empower Human Resource professionals to explore people data, enlighten them with insights and enable change through a comprehensive analytical approach. These solutions are built on a foundation of system data sourced from a variety of Human Resource systems.
- Manage all aspects of SQL server, including monthly data extract from source systems, loading, cleansing, processing and auditing data to insure integrity
- Work collaboratively with peers to understand new and enhanced data needs, identify sources for new data and establish process for incorporation into team data library
- Support the PAI team in ad hoc analyses, dashboard builds and enterprise-wide projects
- Create custom reports and dashboards in Workday to support customer needs within HR and across business
- Independently make recommendations on ways to improve new and existing processes
- Bachelor's in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in related field
- Experience developing creative and innovative data driven solutions with business value
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing business needs.
- Proven experience with database and analytics tools such as SQL Server and Alteryx. Tableau and SharePoint experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to present information in spoken, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from internal teams to senior leadership as well as external vendors.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives.
- Completes work independently; receives general guidance on new projects
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.