Cardinal Health Advisor, Financial Planning and Analysis in Dublin, Ohio
What Financial Planning & Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions.
- Analyzes business trends
- leads and aligns financial forecasts and long range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis. Able to clearly communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
- Creates financial models and scenarios as a key input for business planning decisions in areas such as capital deployment, sourcing, product development, marketing strategies, and acquisitions.
- Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
- Performs customer and product profitability analysis and makes investment and pricing decisions. Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, margin expansion and a more favorable mix (i.e., driving preferred products and services).
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
Accountabilities in role
- Business partner to the Medical Segment’s Lab and Inside Sales selling organizations
- Lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual expense close process
- Prepare the annual operating expense budget, long-term plan, and forecast
- Exposure to sales leadership is high as the candidate will provide monthly results and formal monthly / quarterly expense reviews highlighting variances to budget, prior forecast and prior year.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.