Cardinal Health Advisor, Global Profitability Data Analytics in Dublin, Ohio
What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Accountabilities in this role
- Partner with finance and information technology to expand the existing profitability model design to incorporate global profitability, while providing ongoing assistance, guidance, and governance for currently existing profitability analytics requirements and solutions
- Support and continual improvement of the Controlling – Profitability Analysis (COPA) methodology including reporting within Business Objects and master data maintenance within SAP
- Assist as needed with the execution of month end closing activities including assessment cycles, top down distributions, and manual adjustments to the existing domestic CO-PA model
- Coordination and delivery of end user training sessions for the Profitability Analytics user community
- Participation in projects related to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and software implementations as necessitated by their impact to the Profitability Analytics methodology
- Bachelors Degree in in Finance, Accounting, or Management Information Systems
- 3 - 5 years working within or supporting a business / finance function required
- Experience with SAP FICO and COPA is preferred
- Hands on analytical tool skills (Business Objects, Tableau) required
- Experience developing creative and innovative analytical insights with high business value preferred
- Strong communication skills preferred (both written and verbal)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.