Cardinal Health Advisor, Strategic Pricing (Sr. Business Analyst) in Dublin, Ohio
What Strategic Pricing contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategic Pricing is responsible for developing, communicating and leading the execution of business strategy and customer profitability through pricing and value-capturing activities at both the strategic and tactical levels. Serves as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, legal, finance, sales, and IT.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls and implements as necessary.
- Able to prepare, manipulate and extract data from multiple internal / external sources and develop pricing strategies
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer deal economics, financial modeling techniques, and pricing theory.
- Works effectively across functions such as IT, Marketing and Finance to design and implement new or enhancements to existing processes, systems, and tools.
- Communicates effectively across the organization regarding margin opportunities and key pricing insights.
- Develops, communicates and monitors price recommendations and guardrails for deals and products by performing basic pricing analysis or leveraging and synthesizing advanced analytics leveraging internal and external market data.
- Develops, implements and maintains pricing programs designed to enhance gross margin.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Deal Modeling on RFP responses
- Track price maintenance and adjust customer pricing where possible to optimize profitability
- Partner with Cardinal Brand Product Managers to develop strategic, market relevant pricing recommendations on new product launches, GPO RFPs, and customer deal pricing
- Work cross-functionally to improve pricing processes to more efficiently drive Cardinal Brand mix at market-based price points
- Qualifications / Skills Required
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in finance / math or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in FP&A or Pricing / Analytics required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to display quantitative information in tables, charts, power point presentations and other forms visual enhancements to the data
- Data management / manipulation skills – SQL / Data mining / Advanced Excel required.
- Knowledge of R, Tableau preferred and will be a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to propose actions, identify and illustrate opportunities, make recommendations and articulate financial impact of decisions to personnel at all levels of technical ability and expertise
- Primary Work Location Ohio – Dublin
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.