Cardinal Health Advisor, Tax in Dublin, Ohio
What Tax contributes to Cardinal Health
Tax is responsible for the design, implementation and defense of tax strategies and positions. Records and reports tax expense in accordance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Accountable for the tax due diligence of corporate transactions and preparation of tax compliance returns and reports.
- Demonstrates knowledge in broad area of tax principles, planning strategies and concepts.
- Develops and implements tax controversy strategies to address impact on all open years and impact on planned transactions.
- Analyzes transactions for areas of tax risk and opportunities.
- Demonstrates tax accounting knowledge of GAAP and SEC tax recording and reporting requirements.
- Performs detailed tax research and analysis.
- Develops approaches to detect, resolve and properly report issues and transactions on tax returns.
- Partners with the business to improve tax efficiency of business planning and operations as well as tax compliance and reporting.
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.