Cardinal Health Analyst, Data Analytics in Dublin, Ohio
What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.