Cardinal Health Analyst, Security Operations and Intelligence Center in Dublin, Ohio
What Security contributes to Cardinal Health
Security is responsible for providing measures to safeguard Cardinal Health's assets from circumstances that would cause loss or harm.
- Demonstrates knowledge of security concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Recognizes and anticipates security incidents and issues and escalates or responds appropriately.
- Identifies physical risk and assists with risk mitigation.
- Conducts site security audits and investigations.
- Applies industry, government and company specific security standards to solve problems and provides guidance.
- Completes and/or reviews incident reports.
Typical Work Hours:
Monday – Wednesday: 4:00AM to Noon
Saturday: 4:00AM to Noon
Sunday: 4:00AM to Noon
The Cardinal Health Global Security vision is to function in tandem with the company’s business needs and to proactively and innovatively prevent or mitigate risk while protecting significant company assets, and being prepared to respond in an appropriate and professional manner when required. The Security Operations and Intelligence Center (SOIC) is the centralized hub into which critical issues flow. These issues come from around the world, and from various Cardinal Health locations. The information is then compiled, analyzed, and distributed so that the affected business segments, employees, and customers are better prepared to respond to and recover from any crisis situation.
Event Analysis and Emergency Response
- Gather and review global event intelligence
- Analyze the potential impact of global events
- Identify, initiate, and coordinate the appropriate response and notification to senior management and crisis management teams
- Provide emergency support globally
- Keeps accurate log of events and incidents
Monitor Safety and Security Management Systems
- Monitor cameras and assist in investigations
- Monitor enterprise access control and critical alarms
- Respond to alarm calls from enterprise security solutions provider
- Monitor life safety and duress devices
- Monitor the fire system
- Assist with special projects that support Global Security and business initiatives
Security Technology Support
- Assist with the provisioning and de-provisioning of badge access
- Troubleshoots security system software issues and escalates as appropriate
- Perform security system device audits
- Train Cardinal Health Security Coordinators on basic security management system functions
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in related field (Security/Security Solutions, Intelligence Analysis, Military, Law Enforcement, Corrections, Risk Management, Business Continuity, IT, etc.) or combination of professional experience and education
- Knowledge of security systems, devices, and building automation systems in a corporate environment is preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of security concepts, policies and procedures
- Possesses knowledge and experience in SharePoint
- Has the ability to apply knowledge and experiences to a rapidly-changing environment
- Dedicated to the principal of Ethical behavior
- Firm understanding of the balance between Business and Security
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Show ability to resolve problems and develop process improvements
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Philosophical commitment to Customer Focus and Operational Excellence
- Ability to think critically and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels
- High ethical standards
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-first mentality
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Committed to customer focus and operational excellence
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS Office programs and SharePoint
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.