Cardinal Health Consultant, Business Intelligence and Analytics in Dublin, Ohio
What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
Accountabilities in this role
- Able to independently identify business needs and drive efforts to address them
- Ability to apply data mining and statistical modeling
- Create insights and knowledge from data analysis
- Articulate conclusions derived from analysis
- Communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Work collaboratively with peers and business partners to gather/understand/communicate project requirements
- Proficient writing SQL
- SQL Server Management experience a plus
- Business Objects Webi experience a plus
- Alteryx working knowledge a plus
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or scorecard tools preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.