Cardinal Health Consultant, Business Intelligence (People Analytics & Insights) in Dublin, Ohio
What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
People Analytics and Insights produces a variety of deliverables that empower Human Resource professionals to explore people data, enlighten them with insights and enable change through a comprehensive analytical approach.
- Develop and deliver solutions to support Human Resources Business Partners and HR Centers of Excellence
- Work collaboratively with peers and independently with HRBPs and COEs to seek and understand their needs and develop solutions to fit them
- Provide custom, strategic and actionable analytical insights, including ad hoc analysis
- Independently make recommendations on ways to improve new and existing processes
- Have a passion for dashboard development and data visualization, and an understanding of data query and blending
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in related field preferred
- Experience with data visualization, dashboard development, and/or data query
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing business needs
- Proven experience with reporting, dashboarding and analytics tools including SQL Server, Tableau, Alteryx and SharePoint preferred
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to present information in spoken, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from internal teams to senior leadership
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently and receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.