Cardinal Health Consultant, Transportation in Dublin, Ohio
What Transportation contributes to Cardinal Health
Transportation is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
- Interface with customers and carriers to resolve any problems associated with scheduling and dispatching
- Provide 24/7 transportation support and assistance to customers as needed; participate in customer meetings.
- Monitoring and tracking transportation shipments from end-to-end to ensure timely delivery and or risk mitigation.
- Scheduling and planning of inbound/outbound shipments to ensure on-time pickup and delivery while ensuring most economical utilization of carriers based on service parameters; interface with customers and carriers to resolve any problems associated with scheduling and dispatching; recommend actions to the manager that improves the transportation function.
- Maintain relationships with carriers to ensure capacity and service standards.Use professional judgment to assess the impact of tactical decisions/actions in the ILS client.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with TMS systems (Mercurygate), preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.