Cardinal Health Director, International Tax Operations in Dublin, Ohio
The Director, International Tax Operations will report to the VP, International Tax Operations. This Director will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the business processes to calculate the statutory tax provisions and US GAAP tax provisions for all non-US legal entities. The position will also be responsible for the development of in-country tax planning as well as the direction of responses to income tax audits and tax controversy for all non-US legal entities. In addition the Tax Director will support the transfer pricing team and the Global planning team in development and implementation of transfer pricing adjustments/true ups and global tax planning initiatives.
What Tax contributes to Cardinal Health
Tax is responsible for the design, implementation and defense of tax strategies and positions. Records and reports tax expense in accordance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Accountable for the tax due diligence of corporate transactions and preparation of tax compliance returns and reports.
- Demonstrates knowledge in broad area of tax principles, planning strategies and concepts.
- Develops and implements tax controversy strategies to address impact on all open years and impact on planned transactions.
- Analyzes transactions for areas of tax risk and opportunities.
- Demonstrates tax accounting knowledge of GAAP and SEC tax recording and reporting requirements.
- Performs detailed tax research and analysis.
- Develops approaches to detect, resolve and properly report issues and transactions on tax returns.
- Partners with the business to improve tax efficiency of business planning and operations as well as tax compliance and reporting.
- Bachelors and Advanced degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field
- Prior supervisory experience
- Ideal candidate will have strong background in ASC 740 and experience with the calculation of statutory tax provisions under IFRS and other local accounting principles
- Prior experience working in International Tax in Big 4 Public Accounting or Multinational Corporate Tax Department with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Knowledge of tax technology and software including experience with automation would be a plus
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.