Cardinal Health Director, Product Development - Inventory and Practice Management Solutions in Dublin, Ohio
We seek a business and product development professional with healthcare and commercial experience to identify, develop and commercialize physician practice solutions including inventory management and practice management solutions.
This position is responsible for assessing customer needs, market conditions and competition to develop a clear strategy to build and commercialize solutions for our Specialty Solutions physician customers and related markets.
Upon completion and approval of the strategy, this position is responsible for researching, developing and launching new products. This will include managing cross functional programs/projects, building and managing partnerships (joint ventures) with third party entities and coordination of the business case development, solution development and product commercialization. Additional responsibilities include operationalizing the product(s) post launch, life cycle management and on-going innovation pipeline development.
- Develops business strategies for physician practice solutions
- Performs analysis of commercial viability and strategies for commercialization of physician practice solutions
- Creates a detailed new product development roadmap identifying investment costs and implementation plan
- Facilitates innovation sessions that include problem statement definition, ideation design sessions, functional requirements, and competition comparison maps
- Innovates, designs, builds and takes to market products, either as standalone offerings or combined solutions with existing products or services
- Identifies potential external partners in industry, government, and not-for-profit sectors.
- Manages external partner relationships or joint ventures
- Works with legal to structure, draft, negotiate and execute transactional contracts related to commercial licensing arrangements
- Conducts research to inform development of and drafting of business terms and legal license contracts to enable transfer of data
- Works cooperatively legal counsel and outside advisors on protection of intellectual property
- Drives measurable business value and achieves sustainable ROI
General Product Development Responsibilities
- Analyzes market research, trends, projections and innovations to formulate new product concepts and designs
- Demonstrates the knowledge to define the business dynamics necessary to consider portfolio expansion including market size, barriers to entry, differentiated value, regulatory assessment and existing portfolio alignment
- Possesses the expertise to establish and/or coordinate a commercialization strategy to include product proforma, branding and sales strategies, communication vehicles, training and pilot site deployment.
- Consults with vendor/supplier partners as required for product development
- Operationalizes product launch with coordination of broader customer engagement
- Uses project management skills to manage projects from initiation through closing to successfully meet project objectives
- Utilizes broad and deep knowledge to develop innovative new business practices, policies and procedures
- Contributes to the development of business strategy
- Leads highly complex projects of large scope; projects are typically cross-functional and have significant and long-term impact
- Independently defines project; establishes budgets; identifies participants and mitigates risk
- Consults with management to determine project objectives with long-term implications
- Provides solutions which set precedent
- Negotiates complex or risky technical business issues on behalf of the company
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Bachelor’s and Advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years experience in related fields (i.e., strategy development, product development, data and technology, commercialization)
- Strong background in the field healthcare
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with influential leaders
- Client-oriented and collaborative in nature
- Results-oriented and can work well in an ambiguous context
- Has executive presence and proven ability to work with senior level executives