Cardinal Health Director, Product Management and Development (Director, Global Portfolio Management - Surgical Gloves) in Dublin, Ohio
What Product & Services Development contributes to Cardinal Health
We seek a business and product development professional with healthcare and commercial experience to identify, develop and commercialize product solutions on a global basis.
This position is responsible for assessing customer needs, global market conditions, regulatory requirements and competition to develop a clear strategy to build and commercialize global portfolio solutions for the surgical gloves business. This position will be responsible for the execution of the strategy and commercialization of the related product solutions. This will include managing cross functional programs/projects, coordination of business case development, solution development and product commercialization.
Additional responsibilities include operationalizing the product(s) post launch, life cycle management and on-going innovation pipeline development.
Accountabilities in this role
- Manage the product life cycle of a product line or a portfolio of product lines from discovery and innovation, to new product planning, new product introduction, post-launch product management, and product retirement.
- Manage the global revenue/profit for product lines within a product portfolio.
- Develop the global product strategy for the product line(s), working with both regional and Channel Marketing leaders.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of marketing and product management disciplines necessary for building business plans, product plans, and marketing plans. Utilize market trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning to develop preferred product offerings for targeted segments and channels.
- Understand methods available to execute primary research that are necessary to drive product line/portfolio decisions. Can identify market opportunities through primary and secondary market research and take action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Identify and remain current on market trends. Determine product lifecycle implications and make decisions to drive market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Translate market and customer needs across multiple regions and channels into clearly defined new product development requirements and product line strategy.
- Ensure that all promotional, launch, and marketing activities align with the overall portfolio strategy and facilitate proper communication and collaboration with all applicable marketing resources across regions and channels.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment
- requests, forecasting, pricing, deal structures, and assessing strategic options.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including R&D, sourcing, manufacturing, strategic pricing, customer service, channel partners, finance, quality, regulatory, legal, inventory, regional and channel teams, and others.
- Serve as an effective and inspirational leader to the product management team and cross-functional teams supporting product management.
- Take informed risk and be biased toward action.
General Product Development Responsibilities
- Analyzes market research, trends, projections and innovations to formulate new product concepts and designs
- Demonstrates the knowledge to define the business dynamics necessary to consider portfolio expansion including market size, barriers to entry, differentiated value, regulatory assessment and existing portfolio alignment
- Possesses the expertise to establish and/or coordinate a commercialization strategy to include product proforma, branding and sales strategies, communication vehicles, training and pilot site deployment.
- Consults with vendor/supplier partners as required for product development
- Operationalizes product launch with coordination of broader customer engagement
- Uses project management skills to manage projects from initiation through closing to successfully meet project objectives
- Utilizes broad and deep knowledge to develop innovative new business practices, policies and procedures
- Contributes to the development of business strategy
- Leads highly complex projects of large scope; projects are typically cross-functional and have significant and long-term impact
- Independently defines project; establishes budgets; identifies participants and mitigates risk
- Consults with management to determine project objectives with long-term implications
- Provides solutions which set precedent
- Negotiates complex or risky technical business issues on behalf of the company
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Bachelor’s and Advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in related fields (i.e., strategy development, product development, data and technology, commercialization)
- Strong background in the field of healthcare and medical device marketing
- 2+ years experience managing a team of product marketers/managers preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with influential leaders
- Client-oriented and collaborative in nature
- Results-oriented and can work well in an ambiguous context
- Has executive presence and proven ability to work with senior level executive
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.