Cardinal Health Engineer, Software Engineering, (ABAP Developer SAP CRM Focus) in Dublin, Ohio
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Engineering
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
Accountabilities in this role
- Responsible for creating ABAP code within CRM for the Medical SAP IT team
- Design end-to-end business solutions which solve process pain points, optimize the use of technology, and are in line with industry best practices and Cardinal Health’s development guidelines
- Effective communicator: conveys thoughts and ideas simply and concisely; translates complex topics and delivers content in easy-to-understand messages; separates what is important from what is not
- Communicate daily to the Contact Center leadership team on EIT daily issues/concerns
- Work closely with the Order to Cash/eCommerce Teams as impacts or changes to CRM are identified and cross team solutions are required
- Support customers through incident resolution
- Will support new projects and existing ABAP code
- Change management coordination with the Contact Center leadership team
- Strong problem solving and technical skills
- Work closely with the Contact Center leadership on EIT issues, processes, and System Restoration Teams.
- Provide regular status reports to keep stakeholder community informed
- Provide applications support for multi-billion dollar order entry channels and other business-critical IT systems; maintain and strive to exceed documented service levels.
- Collaborate with others – internally across Cardinal and externally with strategic partners – to enhance our planning, vendor sourcing, best practice sharing, and multi-year improvement roadmaps
- Demonstrate a high level understanding of our customers and demonstrate a passion for providing a high quality customer experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Business, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- Strong ABAP coding skills
- Strong SAP knowledge within CRM or SD
- Experience in object oriented ABAP concepts.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills must convey thoughts and ideas simply and concisely
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.