Cardinal Health Engineer, Software Engineering in Dublin, Ohio
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $100+ billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care.
As the business behind health care, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Ranked #26 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs 34,000 people worldwide.
We currently have an exciting career opening for a Java Software Engineer.
This team supports both of Cardinal Health’s pharmaceutical and medical segment and is responsible for developing and supporting the regulatory and global sourcing applications.
On a daily basis the team is responsible for:
- Serve as J2EE/Java Web Services developer for a portfolio of applications
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve stability and usability of supported applications.
- Work closely with internal/external teams on design, coding, testing and implementation.
- Work closely with business clients.
- Code, develop, and create applications in JAVA with DB2 and SQL Server databases
- Work closely with off shore development teams to ensure code is correct and up to standards
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
RAD,Jenkins,MS SQL Server Management Studio, Squirrel SQL Client, WinSCP, Putty, WebSphere 8.5, RAD 9.0, SVN, Jenkins.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Experience with relational databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively and work closely with the business as well as with offshore technical teams.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.