Cardinal Health Engineer, Software Information Platforms (SAP BASIS HANA Administrator) in Dublin, Ohio
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Information Platforms
The position of SAP Basis & HANA Database Administrator will be part of a SAP CoE Platform Operations team with primary responsibility to lead, execute and support SAP implementation, S4HANA migration and SAP upgrades for various SAP and Hana landscape hosted on premise and or AWS/GCP cloud. This position with require hands on technical leadership qualities with proven experience in core SAP Basis technologies along with strong Hana database administration skillsets. Working experience in enabling SAP workloads on evolving cloud technologies such as AWS and GCP will be preferred.
- Planning, installation and maintenance experience of various SAP products
- Planning, installation, and maintenance of HANA DBMS software
- Working experience of implementing or supporting SAP landscape hosted in Amazon Cloud
- Development of standards and procedures for the HANA database environment
- Performance tuning for system wide performance issues related to but not restricted to Hana DB
- Working experience on executing complex SAP migration projects
- Resolves severity 1 & 2 support issues involving production systems
- Ability to work collaboratively on complex projects of large scope
- Acts as a mentor to managed services team
- Ability to work independently as well as team member
- Communicate effectively and efficiently both written and verbally
What Software Information Platforms contributes to Cardinal Health
Software and Information Platforms is responsible for technical configuration, design, administration, development, implementation and support of application and information frameworks that Cardinal Health application solutions utilize.
- Demonstrates and applies technical (not functional) knowledge of software development frameworks and business process configuration systems. Examples include (not limited to) java application servers, integration and information systems, ERP systems, business rules engines, business process management and .et development frameworks.
- Leverages fluency in technical languages, operating systems, application programming interfaces,>and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of infrastructure subcomponents and interoperability including (but not limited to) SAN, network (application routing) and compute platforms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of system information dependencies and end to end application transaction competency.
- Maintains platform or system health and availability requirements including HADR testing.
- Resolves support issues involving production systems.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture teams for product selection and product capability roadmaps and information governance processes.
- Monitors and manages proactive maintenance to application platform environments
- Documents and manages SOPs for software and information platform systems.
- Interfaces with business solution teams and partners on operational platform events as well as solution design needs.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Deep competency in one or more Software/Information platform technology domains preferred
- Breadth in multiple Software/Information Platform technology domains preferred
- 4 + years of experience in core SAP Basis Technology
- 2 + years of database administration experience, supporting SAP applications and with SAP HANA installation
- SAP Technology Certification in OS/DB migration and or Hana Associate Certification preferred
- Strong understanding of SAP systems, in memory database technology as well as hardware
- Strong database administration experience (DB2, Oracle, MaxDB) supporting ERP technologies
- Bachelor’s in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication
- Experience with SAP & 3rd party tools like TDMS, Gold Client, LVM/LaMa and Automation of Basis tasks will be an advantage
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.