Cardinal Health Java Software Engineer in Dublin, Ohio
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
We currently have a career opening for a Java Software Engineer.
A candidate for this job must be able to work in an Agile & DevOps team, responsibilities would include:
- Writing and maintaining automated testing
- Maintaining CI platform and build automation
- Test, Code, Test, deploy
- Write and maintain cloud native applications using multiple cloud based technologies
- Work closely with offshore development teams
- Conduct code reviews
- Monitor system performance
- Triage inbound defects
- Work closely with business partner to prioritize features in the backlog
Pharmacy Services IT Team is responsible for the construction, maintenance, and support of our IT Systems that run our Pharmacy business. Evaluate potential system behavior and performance, and recommend technical solutions that would improve pharmacy as well as customer efficiencies. Closely align with business partners and deliver highly scalable solutions to meet their needs.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Manage and make changes to CI/CD Pipelines
- Drive Agile and DevOps practices
- Participate in every stage of the application lifecycle
- Maintain environment availability and stability
- Participate and contribute to code reviews
- Proven Java development experience.
Preferred Skills (but not required for consideration)
- Experience with Spring Boot is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud native application architecture is a major plus
- C# .NET experience is a bonus
- Experience with Test driven development concepts
- Experience with Agile & Dev/Ops team operations
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.