Cardinal Health Manager eCommerce Site Reliability and Engineering in Dublin, Ohio
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
We currently have a career opening for a Manager eCommerce Site Reliability and Engineering
This role leads and manages team of engineers that follows DevOps practices and are integrated into development teams evolving toward continuous deployments over time. The team is accountable for Cardinal Health Market and Cardinal Health public sites.
The eCommerce Reliability & Engineering manager is responsible for combining software and systems engineering to build and run large scale fault tolerant systems. This is a hands-on leadership role focused on running optimized eCommerce production systems with the aspirational goal of zero downtime and zero customer disruption.
- Engaged in the full product development lifecycle, design, deployment, operations and optimization
- Maintains and sustains products and services from inception to post-launch by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, overall system performance and health through proactive operations
- Scale systems using automation and critical focus on reliability and velocity
- Solid understanding of security principles and data protection practices.
- Demonstrates understanding of enabling the customer experience(s) so that interactions are easy and simple.
- Manages budgets.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Leads and develops a diverse and collaborative group of engineers to excel as a high-performing team focused on delivering a frictionless customer experience
- Leads using lean principles to drive a culture of experimentation, preventative maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Able to foster and build strong client and customer relationships
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Proven experience in software and systems design
- Experience in C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, etc.
- Experience in eCommerce technology solutions
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large scale enterprise systems
- Ability to debug and optimize code; automate routine tasks
- Ability to develop technical/ engineering talent
- Ability to define work processes and lead team members in successful implementation and ongoing execution preferred
- Ability to develop individuals and teams preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills preferred
- Excellent organizational skills preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.