Cardinal Health Manager, Medical Distribution Deal Modeling in Dublin, Ohio
What Cust Profitability / Deal Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
Customer Profitability & Deal Management is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners to the sales organization, leading collaborative cross-functional efforts to drive informed decision-making regarding customer proposals and the corresponding profitability.
- Partners with Sales, Operations, Finance, and other key functions to create financial models for customer proposals, understand key drivers of profitability, and effectively communicate recommendations to senior management.
- Performs customer and product profitability analysis
- identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, increase profitability, and limit potential risk from future changes in business or product mix.
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Facilitates the deal approval process to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting required, MBA or CPA a plus
- 5+ years experience in related field, preferably within healthcare industry
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to influence and interact with executive leadership
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.