Cardinal Health Manager of Category Analytics & Planning in Dublin, Ohio
Manage a planning and data analytics team in supporting the category management and inventory management for Cardinal Health’s OTC and Personal Care products division. 20,000+ items $1.4B sales, $125M inventory. Drive the yearly category budgeting process and Initiative plans.
Is responsible for the aggregation, reporting and forecasting of designated businesses and their P&L. Supports Category management team on building category financial plans that support and drive the desired financial results that increase market share and exceed customer expectations.
Builds out designated category, supplier or program financial plans and targets.
Assists in the category assortment planning and marketing ROI analytics
Facilitate data, analytics and insights for category strategy development and line reviews
Highlight & forecast sales opportunities, item and risks to sourcing managers
Utilizes & Analyzes syndicated IRI & POS data to make recommendations around sales & margin drivers. Must be able work with and integrate disparate data sources (external, internal, POS) to drive business insights
Work collaboratively with cross functional teams including pricing, marketing, sourcing, inventory mgmt & finance to ensure alignment of business objectives
Responsible for standardized financial reporting and efficient Ad Hoc reporting
* Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
* CPG Category management experience a PLUS
* Experience with market data measurements like Nielsen, IRI or NPD data desired
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in retail planning enviroment preferred
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively, interact with personnel at all levels of technical expertise and gain consensus from key stakeholders.
* Results oriented, strategic thinker, able to work in a team environment and independently develop and execute plans to meet objectives.
* Experience with advanced data management, managing analytic tools, systems and resources, preferred.
* Strong understanding of syndicated market data and shopper insights (i.e., Nielsen/IRI data etc., ) preferred
* Assortment/store planning experience preferred * Working knowledge of category management principles and practices
* Strong foundation of business fundamentals, performance measurement and business financials
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers and financial metrics such as GM, Inventory turnover.
* Experience leading teams, supervising others, managing departmental operations and supervise large scope and complex projects to completion, preferred.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.