Cardinal Health Manager, Strategic Pricing in Dublin, Ohio
What Strategic Pricing contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategic Pricing is responsible for developing, communicating and leading the execution of business strategy and customer profitability through pricing and value-capturing activities at both the strategic and tactical levels. Serves as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, legal, finance, sales, and IT.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls and implements as necessary.
- Prepares, manipulates and extracts data and information from multiple internal and external sources and leverages to develop and execute pricing strategies
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer deal economics, financial modeling techniques, and related pricing strategies.
- Works effectively across functions such as IT, Marketing and Finance to design and implement new or enhancements to existing processes, systems, and tools.
- Communicates effectively across the organization regarding profitization opportunities and key pricing insights.
- Develops, communicates and monitors price recommendations and guardrails for deals and products by performing basic pricing analysis or leveraging and synthesizing advanced analytics of internal and external intelligence.
- Develops, implements and maintains pricing programs designed to enhance pricing margin.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field
- prior supervisory experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.