Cardinal Health Manager, Transfer Pricing (Tax) in Dublin, Ohio
What Tax contributes to Cardinal Health
Tax is responsible for the design, implementation and defense of tax strategies and positions. Records and reports tax expense in accordance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Accountable for the tax due diligence of corporate transactions and preparation of tax compliance returns and reports.
- Demonstrates knowledge in broad area of tax principles, planning strategies and concepts.
- Develops and implements tax controversy strategies to address impact on all open years and impact on planned transactions.
- Analyzes transactions for areas of tax risk and opportunities.
- Demonstrates tax accounting knowledge of GAAP and SEC tax recording and reporting requirements.
- Performs detailed tax research and analysis.
- Develops approaches to detect, resolve and properly report issues and transactions on tax returns.
- Partners with the business to improve tax efficiency of business planning and operations as well as tax compliance and reporting.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
- Analyze current and future transfer pricing strategies to help mitigate risk, optimize efficiency and facilitate future business operations
- Conduct any required Intercompany Economic Analysis
- Preparation/Review of all Transfer Pricing documentation
- Review transfer pricing policies and SOP’s to identify process improvement opportunities and help lead those opportunities to completion
- Document and understand all intercompany flows throughout the organization
- Ensure that proper intercompany agreements are in place for the intercompany flows
- Ensures that expense allocations are complete and accurate by legal entity
- Utilize SAP and COPA tools to extract information for product line analyses
- Application of advanced excel skills to analyze data from SAP and COPA tools
- Work with internal tax team to help establish audit defense and support for US and non-US locations as necessary
- Ensure compliance with US and non-US Transfer Pricing rules as they may impact the broader tax issues of the company
- Assist in the mid-year and annual review of transfer pricing policies
- Address service charges and management fees
- Build a repour with appropriate personnel in Finance and businesses to help educate them regarding Transfer Pricing requirements and risks
- Assist in the filings of the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (“BEPS”) requirements, including CbCr, master file, and local files
- Bachelor’s and Advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in related field
- Prior management experience preferred
- CPA preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.