Cardinal Health Marketing Internship (Summer 2018) in Dublin, Ohio
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Start Date : May/June 2018
Hours: Approximately 40 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
*All Cardinal Health internships are paid internships.
The Summer Internship Program allows students the opportunity to work on meaningful and exciting projects that will give them the hands-on experience they need to build a solid foundation for their future. As an intern, students will have the opportunity to participate in a formalized program, designed to increase knowledge of Cardinal Health and the healthcare industry as well as develop essential leadership skills. Interns will be given the opportunity to explore different career paths and interview for full-time roles upon successful completion of the program.
Why Choose the Cardinal Health Summer Internship Program?
Experience: Interns work with other Cardinal Health professionals on their team, as well as business partners, customers and vendors on substantial projects in addition to daily work. To enhance leadership skills, each intern also participates on a planning committee. At the end of the summer, each intern has the opportunity to showcase their work in a presentation to business leaders.
Networking: Interns have the opportunity to learn from key business leaders through the “Executive Speaker Series.” They also have the opportunity to network with other professionals through both formal and informal networking events.
Development: Interns participate in a formal one-on-one mentoring program, as well as professional workshops to enhance their business acumen. They are also able to explore full time career paths throughout their internship experience.
Camaraderie: The internship program offers various social, teambuilding, community service events, as well as tours to help interns build a solid network of peers.
As a Marketing Intern , you could potentially support the organization in several of the following ways:
- Develop marketing collateral utilizing own skills and/or outside services
- Maintain market segmentation research data
- Assist with projects through research, analytics and delivery phases
- Communicate with internal and external business units
- Support the design and development of training tools and product information pertaining to corporate initiatives
- Work with product managers to coordinate the logistics of training with customers and business units for integrated solutions
- Assist with corporate trade shows and exhibit opportunities
- Assist as needed with projects related to season trade shows/meetings - gain marketing and business unit knowledge
- Other duties upon request
Accountabilities in this role:
- Proven communications skills.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to follow guidelines and adhere to timelines established
Cardinal Health primarily recruits current, full-time students who are typically in their junior year (on track to graduate winter 2018 or spring 2019) and meet the following criteria:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a healthcare related field
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Established work ethic and ambition
- Extensive community service and/or extracurricular activities
- Process and results orientation
- Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States
**If you are offered a position and you accept that position, the offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a company paid drug test and background investigation, and demonstrated evidence that you are eligible to work for any employer in the United States.
To learn more about Cardinal Health and the Internship Program visit us at cardinalhealth.com/college or facebook.com/cardinalhealthcollege.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.