Cardinal Health Planner, Supply Chain Inventory and Purchasing in Dublin, Ohio
What Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing contributes to Cardinal Health:
The team is responsible for managing supplier relations at a tactical level by executing and expediting purchase orders. Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing ensures the right quantity of products arrive in the right place, at the right time and cost. Assists in negotiating product and supply chain costs. Utilize terms and conditions of supplier contracts, work with internal customers to improve processes, and evaluate supplier performance that ultimately improves the supply chain.
- This position reports to the Manager, Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing, Medical Segment.
- Reviewing demand with current inventory and placing purchase orders to make sure we meet customer demands.
- Working with forecasting to understand inventory needs and send the orders to suppliers.
- Tracking of orders through ordering process, logistics to the distribution center.
- The candidate is responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a distribution or manufacturing environment. This includes warehousing and fulfilment of materials and products, transportation, inventory management as well as demand, supply and manufacturing planning.
- Demonstrates decision making skills to make optimal purchasing decisions based on supplier and customer contracts, situational information, and all other available data for assigned product lines at the optimum cost.
- Utilizes influencing, communication, and collaborative skills to partner with all internal customers (i.e. Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc.) and external Supplier Partners to ensure timely delivery of products to assigned distribution centers and the efficiency of our Supply Chain.
- Possesses technical skills around our purchasing systems (SCORE and SAP), Expediting system (EAI web-based tool), reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, and MS Access/Excel).
- Final decision makers for forecast and inventory related decisions for their assigned supplier portfolio.
- Understands and meets goals for Service Level, Days of Inventory on hand, purchase order expediting, and others as established by the management team.
- Runs and analyzes data from multiple data sources to understand the root cause of a problem or low metric and to have quality discussions with supplier partners.
- Develops long term relationships with supplier partners to continually push to improve purchasing processes.
What is expected of you and others in this role:
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently; receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objective
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of demonstrated success in supply chain positions preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Potentially 10% travel
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.