Cardinal Health Principal - SAP Global Supply Chain in Dublin, Ohio
This thought leader will support the creation of an effective global supply chain solution on our SAP Global Supply Chain Platform (SAP S4, IBP, HCI and the non SAP application Vastera). The Principal will do this by guiding our business to leverage the strengths of these applications, architecting solutions for effective business process execution and by teaching more junior members of the technology support team how to effectively support the platform solutions. The Principal will also serve in a team leadership capacity, along with the Director of SAP Global Supply Chain.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Bachelors and Advanced Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in related field preferred
- Prior supervisory experience is a benefit
- Demonstrated ability to set technology direction and oversee successful delivery and/or support of technology solutions preferred
- 5-10 years of experience with an SAP platform, either as an end user or in a technology capacity
- Deep expertise in SAP functional (business process, data and configuration) for the areas of Logistics Execution, Logistics General, Materials Management and Production Planning. As a benefit, the candidate will possess experience with an S4 environment.
- Experience with SAP Sales & Distribution (SD) and SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) is desired as this new platform is heavily focused on stock transport order processes and planning.
- Demonstrates effective and simple client communication, translating complex system limitations and capabilities into recommendations that drive business benefits.
- Partners effectively with Enterprise Architecture, Major Program build teams, application Vendors and Solution Integrators to refine solutions and ensure the SAP run team’s readiness to support
- Willing to travel, including internationally, up to 10%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Utilizes broad and deep knowledge to develop innovative new business practices, policies and procedures
- Contributes to the development of department strategy
- Works on or may lead highly complex projects of large scope
- Consults with management to determine project objectives with long-term implications
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Projects are typically cross-functional and have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which set precedent
- Negotiates complex or risky technical business issues on behalf of the company
- Independently defines project; establishes budgets; identifies participants and mitigates risk
About our company
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with approximately 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.