Cardinal Health Senior Analyst, Compliance and Controls in Dublin, Ohio
What Customer/Supplier Pricing Services contributes to Cardinal Health
Customer/Supplier Pricing Services is responsible for customer and/or supplier contract administration, as well as administering and reviewing specialty pricing initiatives as deemed appropriate. Responsible for researching and problem-solving customer or supplier issues or disputes and acting as a liaison with internal and external key stakeholders. Develops and manages customer relationships within pricing and contract implementation process.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
This position is responsible for supporting the various aspects of process and transaction quality, regulatory and customer compliance to include Customer Contract Administration and Pricing Services. The role will work with transaction process owners to develop and execute quality testing strategies and resolve any issues encountered during the quality audit process, and maintaining an effective control environment.
This position will assist the Customer Contract Administration and Pricing Services Manager in ensuring all controls identified by internal and external audit have been implemented and are working effectively. This position will also interface with IT in automating operational controls and ensuring accurate data population is available for testing.
This position will be expected to interact with a variety of key individuals within the Customer Support Services, Finance, and Compliance organizations including Corporate Audit personnel, business process owners, segment leadership and compliance partners.
Specific Duties, Accountabilities, and Responsibilities:
- Query transactional data to be used for audit and testing
- Identify appropriate supporting documentation to substantiate transaction tested
- Validate the completeness and accuracy of the transaction tested
- Communicate results of quality audit and help remediate any errors identified
- Collaborate with the Customer Support Services Learning/Training team around training opportunities identified through quality and results
- Assists in the development and management of oversight reporting regarding group’s SOX, Internal Audit, and other controls activities
- Assists management team in Quantitative and Qualitative Scoping as needed
- Ensure all SOX controls are executed timely and correct
- Participate in meetings with Corporate Audit and resolving issues
- Monitors progress and results of control and process testing
- Serves as point of contact for questions from the testers and reviewers
- Assist process owner in determining/implementing remediation plans as needed
- Participates in cross training on other functions and acts as a backup to other team members
- BS/BA in Risk Management, Operations, Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
Technical Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience ideally in either a risk management, compliance or internal/external audit capacity
- 2+ years of data analysis and reporting experience
- 2+ years of experience with workflow tools such as SharePoint or Salesforce.com
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley section 404 guidance and interpretations
- Ability to understand and document internal controls around complex business processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence decisions, processes and culture
- Excellent organization, project management, analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Strong team player, able to be effective in a performance oriented culture
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.