Cardinal Health Senior Analyst, Software Engineering (Manhattan WMS) (P-Mod) in Dublin, Ohio
The primary role of the Senior Analyst, Software Engineering (Manhattan) (P-Mod) is to ensure that the business and technical objectives are met including relevant technology configurations (i.e. Manhattan WMS, SAP). The Senior Analyst should also work to develop an understanding of the various business processes involved in the functional area they are aligned with and work to improve those processes with the solutions they implement. Conduct thorough business process analysis to understand existing workflows and systems, support the documentation of current processes and systems, support the creation of requirements for new processes, develop use cases, and manage requirement changes. Furthermore, provides functional support for various Enterprise Applications systems by acting as the liaison between the business and technical teams to identify, analyze, and translate requests into specifications and configured solutions, use cases, and business processes.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Assist in business process design, functional specifications & documentation (under the guidance of external Business Process Design & Subject Matter Experts)
- Partner with business teams to create Fit Gap Analysis, Key Decision Documents and options analysis, and Functional Specifications for the solutions to be implemented
- Partner with reporting, technical, data and change management leads to document functional requirements and specifications
- Partner with business SMEs to execute tasks related to the deployment of the functional solution; such as: Documentation of local procedures (SOP), data migration clean-up, construction & preparation activities, testing preparation and execution support, configuration trouble shooting, and site cut-over preparation and execution
- Support activities such as requirement gathering, assessing requirements, test planning, analysis, and concept development.
- Interact with Project Managers from multiple organizations to track project progress, identify risks, communicate risks and status to supervisor, and to assess potential impacts to the business.
- Maintain project documentation including, but not limited to, project lists, project status reports, budget information, and issues lists.
- Network with peers through the BA Community of Practice to leverage best practices and comply with enterprise standards.
- Generate ideas and suggestions for process improvements that are needed within business and IT organizations.
- Maintains regular contact with clients. Coordinates and reports on project progress, obstacles and accomplishments
- Manage requirement changes.
- Work with Quality Control, Project Managers, and Technical Leads to ensure Business acceptance.
- Develop use cases as a key communication tool between the business and technical teams.
- Document current & future state assessments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise with the systems being developed or enhanced.
- Configure or partner with configurators of the solution being implemented or enhanced.
- Willingness to become a techno-functional expert in the solutions being implemented.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical business and end-users can understand.
- Work on multiple projects at one time.
- Create and maintain functional models, process flows, and wire-frame diagrams.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex activities of large scope areas
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently with general guidance on new activities
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues Qualifications
- BS in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ years of experience in related field, including experience with packaged software solutions such as SAP, Warehouse Management Solutions, Salesforce.com, etc. a plus
- Experience with business-critical applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience on large-scale implementation programs preferred
- Experience with SAP or integrating to SAP a plus
- Experience with Manhattan WMS, LM, Slotting and TMS is a plus
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.