Cardinal Health Senior Analyst, Transportation in Dublin, Ohio
What Transportation contributes to Cardinal Health
Transportation is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates working knowledge of transportation processes and systems, including contract maintenance
- Identifies and analyzes routine transportation issues and acts to resolve them within individual area of responsibility
- Analyzes and recommends Transportation activities to include Freight Payment and Audit processes
- Identifies Lean opportunities throughout the Department and demonstrates the ability to execute them
- Accountability to the Controllable Transportation expense
- Is the effective liaison that seeks win-win solutions between internal, cross-functional departments and external business parties
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others to influence important outcomes.
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions, services and products; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
Accountabilities in this role
- Manage freight payment process
- Maintain all pricing and costing activities for assigned sites
- Provide data and documentation for network
- Collaborate on alignment initiatives with Corp Ops
- Manage SLA reporting and resolution process
- Initiate service invoice process with field/courier teams
- Resolve all rate and invoicing discrepancies with constituents
- Create and maintain SOP’s
- Effective change management skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or working towards degree
- Ability to accurately analyze and present data in a highly proficient, concise manner using Excel and PowerPoint, such as Pivot Tables, Vlookup, If Statements
- Strategic thinker with strong aptitude for asking the right questions
- Experience in transportation/operations, finance, and process improvement desired
- Familiarity with KPI’s and Metrics
- Working knowledge and ability to apply Root Cause Problem Solving /Lean skills
- Application experience using Supply Chain Management/ TMS systems
- P&L management and strong organizational background
- Broad organizational knowledge is recommended since this role regularly interacts with field and corporate departments.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Drives customer service internally and externally between our Carriers, Field, and Corporate Transportation
- 5% Travel
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.