Cardinal Health Senior Consultant, Transportation in Dublin, Ohio
What Transportation contributes to Cardinal Health
Transportation is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
Transportation Center of Excellence is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through carrier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
The Senior Consultant will be an integral part of the Transportation COE responsible for managing a portfolio of Courier carriers supporting the movement of finished goods from forward DC’s to customer locations across North America. This role will manage and coordinate courier transportation needs while collaborating to develop strategic protocols and processes to improve the customer experience. The individual is the business expert in the area of transportation with experience in transportation sourcing , favorable customer experience, relationship management with internal and external providers, service level management, problem-solving with supplier issues or disputes, stakeholder in last mile supply chain.
•This role will be responsible for sourcing and managing the courier carrier based
•Development and execution of global sourcing strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives.
•Create annual sourcing plans; develop, plan and execute highly complex and technical sourcing strategies by partnering with the business units to define desired outcomes, conduct industry analysis, identify strategic cost reduction opportunities, explore alternatives, and assess impact of alternatives.
•Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with business units to ensure alignment with business unit and sourcing strategy objectives. Understand business unit budget for coming year to leverage opportunities
•Consult with stakeholders to create best contractual outcome including strong legal and business terms and meaningful performance indicators and/or service levels. Negotiate, finalize and advise on the contract documents
•Develop strong supplier relationships to drive effectiveness and value against the planned strategies; facilitate supplier reviews; generate continuous improvement ideas. Facilitate the resolution of contractual or relationship issues as needed.
•Facilitate and coordinate activities associated with the execution of the sourcing process including, but not limited to, the preparation and execution of a RFQ/RFP, recommendations based on supplier responses, project summaries/business case results, supplier communication, etc.
•Interact with and provide reporting to Senior Leadership
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Supervisory/management experience
- Expertise in courier transportation category including technical product knowledge, cost drivers, related industry dynamics and market trends.
- Strong project and process management in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross functional teams.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Establish collaborative environment with key transportation carriers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape.
- Expertise with contract requirements in order to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with sourcing strategy.
- Collaborate with and influence business partners in a highly matrixed environment to optimize key supplier performance and innovation.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.