Cardinal Health Senior Credit Analyst in Dublin, Ohio
What Credit contributes to Cardinal Health
Credit is responsible for managing Cardinal Health's trade and note receivables including performing credit underwriting, establishing bad debt reserves, managing customer relationships, collaborating with the sales and collections teams, managing credit risk for the company, and administering credit policies and standards.
- Possesses and exhibits strong business acumen of credit underwriting.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, able to diplomatically resolve conflict, and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of credit and/or collection practices which can include debt repayment, dispute resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and effectively navigate a variety of financial systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of financial concepts which includes establishing appropriate bad debt reserves.
- Gathers and synthesizes information from a variety of sources (i.e. financial statements, reports), makes effective credit decisions, and documents decisions appropriately.
- Organizes workload effectively, proactively works with customers to ensure commitments are met, and raises issues and recommendations to management.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
- Independent credit risk analysis and approval within authority level for all business units.
- Support Credit Advisor in credit reviews for new and existing customers to include customer's background, financial statement analysis, and provide recommendation for customer's line of credit.
- Represent credit department as a subject matter expert in acquisitions/new business on credit policies and processes.
- Author credit standard operating procedures to ensure all proper processes are followed in the credit administration department.
- Created a new process on how consumer credit reports are being properly stored to make sure the credit department is in compliance.
- Assist in training of department credit analysts.
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years experience in credit related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.