Cardinal Health Senior Engineer, Quality Control (Performance Engineering) in Dublin, Ohio
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: IT Quality Control
Level: Senior Engineer
The Performance Engineering Architect will possess expert knowledge of application performance and quality concepts. In addition, this individual will lead the development of Performance Engineering (PE) processes. Furthermore, this individual will research current industry trends, analyzing new concepts, testing them within the Cardinal Health environment and then leading the adoption of appropriately vetted process improvement. This person will educate internal team members (PE Engineers, PE Senior Analysts and PE Analysts) and external employees (Build and Run teams) on the proper execution of the PE processes.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of PE processes.
- Leads innovation in tool evaluation, integration and adoption.
- Evaluates new technology stacks against current tool set, implementing appropriate changes as necessary.
- Continuous enhancement of the PE process to support required business needs (including adherence to all processes on all projects).
- Design process automation.
- Researches and participates in developing latest PE industry trends (recognized through publications and/or speaking engagements).
- Provide PE tool set mentoring, expertise and administration oversight.
- Communicates and trains appropriate groups on PE processes and changes when applicable.
- Estimating PE effort at the program level.
- Facilitating the completion of external and internal audit requests.
- Participate in ongoing development of strategy and vision.
- Coordinate and deliver departmental technical training.
- Ensures new PE team members are trained in PE processes and tools.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
What IT Quality Control contributes to Cardinal Health
IT Quality Control is responsible for owning and implementing software testing and certification strategies for the enterprise.
- Debugs problems with software through standard tests and recommends solutions.
- Conducts defect trend analysis and continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of requirement and risk based testing principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Establishes internal IT service quality control standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Advanced level of certification in performance testing tool (e.g. HP CPC – Certified Product Consultant) is a plus
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience working with software implementations and project teams is a plus – knowledge of the processes and procedures that go into the SDLC and implementations is highly recommended.
- Deep technical knowledge with JAVA, J2EE, Websphere, SAP and databases such as Oracle or DB2 is desired.
- Delivery testing and performance testing experience and strong knowledge of using performance testing tools such as LoadRunner or HP Performance Center is a plus.
4+ years in PE discipline with all of the following HP Performance Center/ Load Runner protocols:
- SAP – Web
- SAP GUI
- 4+ years in end user application performance monitoring.
- 8+ years experience with HP ALM or comparable tool.
- 8+ years experience with functional automation tool (WinRunner, QuickTest Professional, Robot, RFT, SilkTest, QARun, etc.)
Experience in at least four of the following LoadRunner protocols:
Web Click and Script
- Web Services
- GUI VUser (WinRunner or QTP)
- Experience in instructing technical training (preferred instructor certification, e.g. HP CPI – Certified Product Instructor).
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.