Cardinal Health Senior Market Manager, Specimen Collection (Cardinal Health Brand) in Dublin, Ohio
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, branding an
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet cu
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan
- this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning an
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
The purpose of this position is to provide effective management of the Cardinal Health Brand (CHB) Specimen Collection product portfolio and to drive increased engagement with this customer discipline. This senior market manager facilitates the achievement of Laboratory Products’ revenue, profit and marketing objectives and works with the field sales team, supplier partners, R&D, QRA and other functional groups within Cardinal Health to meet customers’ needs. This market manager will monitor the Specimen Collection segment of the Laboratory market, recommending market strategies, product portfolio additions, and appropriate marketing activities to grow the CHB business in this market segment profitably. Key responsibilities include completing market and product opportunity assessments, lead activities related to definition and implementation of new product development, manage product portfolio to ensure maximum alignment with market trends and opportunities constantly updating the business’s understanding of customer’s needs and requirements. As a senior market manager, this person will lead training and provide mentoring of the field sales organization, as well as other customer and business support staff; this training will include product application training, product positioning, competitive market landscape, general market trend landscape (i.e. federal and other related impacts) and key customer business dynamics.
- Drives primary and secondary research efforts to support the development of strategic direction for the CHB Specimen Collection market segment.
- Analyzes the competitive product environment for Specimen Collection market providers, including understanding pricing, product offerings, and market approaches.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding product trends, technology shifts, reimbursement trends, regulation changes and related market activities through in-depth review of research reports, technical and trade publications/journals, trade show attendance, association meetings and customer visits.
- Conducts market and business opportunity assessments, including full stage and gate activities as needed, to support the Laboratory Products revenue, profit and market share objectives.
- Identifies new product portfolio opportunities through development, partnership or acquisition and develops sales tools to support field sales in targeting customers and applications, supporting the customers’ needs and overcoming competitive threats.
- Actively manages product pricing, promotions, and competitive positioning of key features and advantages through the maintenance of effective and regular communications with sales, supplier partners, and other key functional groups across Medical.
- Establishes and oversees tracking of financial objectives, including product line growth, profitability, market share, product life cycle and internal performance metrics (service levels, back orders, etc.)
- Proactively seeks out opportunities for new and existing products.Creates and leads cross functional teams to drive new product opportunity development and product performance enhancements (Op Ex with supplier partners, etc.) Guides problem resolution to meet customers’ needs to resolve quality, delivery or inventory issues.
- Maintains cadence of contact and interaction with key lab personnel relative to category, through either sales force collaboration, VOC, advisory council interaction or arranged site contacts.Goal is to continue to develop relationships internally and externally and to build and reinforce value of Cardinal Health.
- Maintains cadence of contact and interaction with current and potential supplier partners.Responsible for ongoing relationship development and building to enhance and promote value of Cardinal Health.
Knowledge, Skill Sets and Abilities
- Technical knowledge of the operation, products and applications in the Specimen Collection market.In-laboratory experience realized through education, sales experience, or otherwise laboratory customer facing experience is preferred, but not required.
- Product Launch Experience (Stage and Gate understanding, Downstream Marketing, Successful implementation and process appreciation.)
- Specimen Collection product related/application experience is preferred, but not required.
- Strategic Development experience (GTM Strategy, Market assessment, business plan development) Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with business leadership, sales, operations, R&D, quality, inventory and sourcing. Experience in product or sales training, as well as customer presentations.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 8+ years experience in related field, preferred.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.