Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions Accounting Supervisor in Dublin, Ohio
What General Accounting contributes to Cardinal Health
General Accounting is responsible for maintaining the financial books and records and preparing financial statements in accordance with accounting standards.
The Specialty Solutions accounting team supports the Specialty Solutions business unit. This includes Healthcare Analytics and Marketing Communications (HAMC), Vitalsource and Raintree GPO, Sonexus, Regulatory Science, and the Specialty Pharmacy. The accounting team also supports the Commercial Technologies line of business known as Fuse. This position is one of two accounting Supervisors on the Specialty Services/Commercial Technology accounting team. This role will partner closely with other teams within Finance, Operations, Shared Services, and various Corporate and Field Support Functions to execute all general accounting responsibilities and provide decision support to the business unit.
Accountabilities in this Role
- Providing internal business partners with accurate documentation, analysis and education to support decision making.
- Representing the department, cross-functionally, in interactions with all levels of management. Communicating across many functions including finance, accounting, treasury, operations, sales, human resources, and shared service functions.
- Overseeing the end to end accounting and internal control processes for a number of lines of business that roll up through the business unit. This includes all significant account balances and classes of transactions. This includes month end close and balance sheet reconciliations for the businesses. This can also involve technical accounting analysis, research, and presenting to business and accounting/finance leadership.
- Leading and mentoring a team in the execution of their job responsibilities, issue resolution, and overall development.
- Ad-hoc assignments that support the manager. Identifying, coordinating, and executing special projects that serve the department’s and organization’s objectives. Example: Implementation of the new revenue recognition standard or implementation of a new ERP system. Is flexible and willing to help out with whatever priority projects/assignments require attention.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
- prior supervisory experience
- CPA preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.