Cardinal Health Sr Analyst, Data Analytics (Data Management/Governance)- OptiFreight in Dublin, Ohio
What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with either Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
What is Optifreight Logistics? We save our customers money on shipments they’re already receiving today by providing a full service freight management program dedicated to reducing healthcare freight costs.
- Leads, develops, and executes training and auditing processes for Data Management and Governance teams.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, Excel
- Effective communication skills via written, casual and presentation scenarios
- Ability to lead and influence without direct authority
- Proven process design, improvement, and implementation
- Willingness to roll up sleeves
- Act as the conceptualsubject-matter-expertfor unmanaged freight data and related systems
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solution
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL, Excel skills
- 2+ years experience in related field preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve with the use of queries/audits
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.