Cardinal Health Sr. Analyst in Dublin, Ohio
What Financial Systems contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Systems is responsible for overseeing the design, modification, installation and maintenance of accounting and financial systems to ensure the accuracy of financial transactions.
- Partners with Finance, Business Units and Enterprise IT (EIT) to analyze and recommend effective solutions to meet business needs. Solutions may include business process changes, system or reporting changes and/or training.
- Demonstrates knowledge of finance principles and financial systems, as well as Cardinal Health finance and business policies, processes and procedures.
- Provides end-user support (Level 2) for the financial systems. Manages and resolves incoming tickets and appropriately routes to EIT when needed.
- Consistently implements, executes and tests departmental Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance frameworks and financial reporting controls.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert and liaison between EIT and the Business Units on projects and special assignments to articulate business requirements. Also translates the requirements into functional specifications and recommends solutions.
- With the additional supporting workload coming to the PTP space of the FOS team, we need an additional resource to handle the business users and system interfaces coming with the Patient Recovery Business
Accountabilities in this Role
- Support financial system end users by acting as the Finance subject matter expert (SME) in the SAP ECC, S4/HANA, Ariba and SAP By Design systems specifically for the procure to pay process (PTP).
- Drive efficiencies in current Accounts Payable processing by participating in direct enhancements and consulting on small to large transformation initiatives.
- Work closely with internal customers to provide ad hoc reporting solutions using Business Objects and SAP transactions.
- Secondary support in the fixed asset and capital project areas.
- Identify, investigate and resolve financial system errors, defects and issues
- Proficient Microsoft Office suite skills, specifically Excel
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in related field
- SAP experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.