Cardinal Health Sr Consultant, Solutions Development in Dublin, Ohio
What Product & Services Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Product and Services Development is responsible for researching, developing, and launching new products for the company. Responds to company initiatives by driving new products to meet customer needs.
The Sr Consultant, Service Development is a member of the Service Development team within OptiFreight Logistics. The main function of this team is to continuously develop and manage innovative freight, logistics, and supply chain management solutions for the global healthcare market. The Sr Consultant, Service Development, develops service strategies and manages strategic projects that are transformational to the OptiFreight® program and its customers.
- Collaborates with internal teams to assess customer needs, market conditions (current and evolving), and competition to develop and maintain strategic plans and service roadmaps.
- Conducts research around customers, freight carriers, technology providers, and other stakeholders to serve as a thought leader on emerging trends.
- Analyzes market research, trends, projections, and innovations to formulate new service concepts and designs. Size market opportunities for new services.
- Demonstrates the knowledge to define the business dynamics necessary to consider portfolio expansion including market size, barriers to entry, differentiated value, regulatory assessment and existing portfolio alignment.
- Possesses the expertise to establish and/or coordinate a commercialization strategy to include product proforma, branding and sales strategies, communication vehicles, training and pilot site deployment.
- Participates in planning initiatives by sharing and developing ideas about new services to meet customer needs.
- Drives product definition, gathers and analyzes data to formalize product offering including value proposition, pricing / revenue models and cost structures to support.
- Defines business requirements and new service feature/function trade-offs to align with market need
- Owns revenue and cost model definition for new service offering
- Owns the stage and gate activities from idea-to-launchto ensure project objectives are successful.
- Consults with vendor/supplier partners as required for service development.
- Supports others in developing commercialization strategies to include pro forma financials, sales strategies, communication strategies, and training and launch deployment strategies.
- Supports projects being managed by others to develop and launch new services.
- Participates in the development of policies, procedures, and processes required to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Request resources and support from Directors and work with Business Process Analysts / Consultants to execute.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Operations Management, Logistics/Transportation, or Supply Chain Management
- Eight or more years of related work experience, ideally in an environment using Agile and Lean concepts
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to quantify revenue, cost and margin impact of new services and align with customer facing value position.
- Demonstrated project management and project team leadership skills
- Flexible and responsive attitude capable of managing multiple, shifting priorities
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Must display a high-level of organization skills and the ability to work independently
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.