Cardinal Health Sr. Product Manager, Portfolio Marketing,. Surgical Essentials in Dublin, Ohio
What Product & Services Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Product and Services Development is responsible for researching, developing, and launching new
products for the company. Responds to company initiatives by driving new products to meet customer
- Analyzes market research, trends, projections and innovations to formulate new product concepts and designs.
- Demonstrates the knowledge to define the business dynamics necessary to consider portfolio expansion including market size, barriers to entry, differentiated value, regulatory assessment and existing portfolio alignment.
- Possesses the expertise to establish and/or coordinate a commercialization strategy to include product proforma, branding and sales strategies, communication vehicles, training and pilot site deployment.
- Consults with vendor/supplier partners as required for product development.
- Operationalizes product launch with coordination of broader customer engagement.
- Uses project management skills to manage projects from initiation through closing to successfully meet project objectives.
- Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion and branding. The Senior Product Manager is an integral member of this team and works directly with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to sell and convert Cardinal Health brand products.
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives,strategies and tactics to drive sales and profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders.
- Identifies and remains current on global market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business and marketing plan, which includes identifying the appropriate channels to market.
- Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment.
- Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, Sales, Operations and Marketing Communications.
- Manage the product life cycle of a product portfolio from discovery and innovation, to new product planning, new product introduction, post-launch product management and product retirement.
- Develop and continually refine the global product strategy for the product portfolio, working with both Regional Marketing leaders.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of marketing and product management disciplines necessary for building business plans, product plans and marketing plans.
- Utilize market trends, customer needs and competitive positioning to develop preferred product offerings for targeted segments and channels.
- Understand methods available to execute primary research that are necessary to drive product line/portfolio decisions.
- Can identify market opportunities through primary and secondary market research and take action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Identify and remain current on market trends. Determine product lifecycle implications and make decisions to drive market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Translate market and customer needs across multiple regions and channels into clearly defined product requirements and product line strategy.
- Ensure that all promotional, launch, and marketing activities align with the overall portfolio strategy and facilitate proper communication and collaboration with all applicable marketing resources across regions and channels.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment requests, forecasting, pricing, deal structures, and assessing strategic options.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including R&D, Global Sourcing, Finance, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Enterprise Marketing, Enterprise Contracting, Strategic Pricing, Legal, Inventory, Customer Service and others.
- Serve as an effective and inspirational leader to the product management team and cross-functional teams supporting product management.
- Take informed risk and be biased toward action.
- Bachelors degree in related field with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to multi-task and service a number of unrelated customers/tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 8+ years experience in related field, preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues