Cardinal Health Sr. Specialist, Onsite Search Marketing in Dublin, Ohio
The Sr. Specialist, Onsite Search Marketing will be on the Ecommerce and Digital Marketing team within the pharmaceutical division, sitting within production and operations group. This role will primarily focus on site merchandising and the onsite search experience.
The person in this role must be highly motivated about delivering relevant search results for Cardinal Health’s pharmaceutical B2B ordering platform. The specialist will monitor on-site search activity and develop solutions that make search results more relevant. This person should also be passionate about the user experience and have an understanding of how technical backend tools and product data feed the end-user experience, and be able to strategize and drive improvement projects to completion.
The vision for this role is to bring world-class eCommerce expertise and onsite search management skills to the business, to drive increased online conversion/sales, and to improve long term customer retention and LTV. This position is ideal for candidates with a strong online merchandising, search, and technical background. This person should be able to drive business requirements to improve the customer experience by successfully developing requirements and solutions based on customer needs, competitive landscape, analytics, and business goals. Given the highly strategic and cross-functional nature of this role, successful applicants will possess a combination of structured strategic thinking, exceptional collaboration skills, strong analytical ability and a passion for driving improvements.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Work cross functionally on all aspects of search including research, strategy, implementation, and continued optimization.
- Drive improvements based on the combination of how product data and the search tool deliver results
Product Data responsibilities:
Understanding and testing of the search algorithm to continuously improve quality and relevancy of results
- Define and execute against a product data enhancement strategy, which includes but is not limited to, product descriptions, product attributes, metadata, taxonomy, categories, content, images, etc.
- Manage and optimize search facets, boosts, buries, redirects, synonyms, spell correction, etc. to give customers relevant search results
- Identify null searches and use tools and strategies to mitigate
Marketing focus will include:
Best practices and strategic recommendations for improved onsite search experience
- Partner with Client Services and other cross-functional teams to determine personalization and marketing opportunities that assist in conversion path
- Work across multiple teams to prioritize based on level of effort vs. level of impact ROI
- Manage type ahead search and ensure top terms, brands, and collections are displayed
IT/Product Management partnership will focus on:
Enhance type ahead features and functionality
- Create a strategy for null search results, recommending alternative options
- Work with Digital Product Owners to modify search layouts, based on analytics, usability, and research
- Partner with Product Owners and IT to work through priority of content, and defect issues
Analytics focus will include:
Partner with Analytics team to define KPIs and monitor, track and report on overall performance and trends
- Regularly perform deep dives of top searches and optimize relevancy of results from a product and content level
- Minimum of 3+ years in Online Merchandising, Onsite Search, or Product Management
- Exposure to agile project methodology
- Experience in Solr, Adobe Cloud tool set and Workfront is a plus
- Complete understanding of search concepts: type ahead, facets, stop words, sorting, relevance score, similar search, no results prevention, etc.
- Experience managing large amounts of product-related data (content, image assets, etc.)
- Strong understanding of web analytics, including Adobe Analytics/Omniture
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication abilities
- Detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, adept in navigating ambiguity and rapidly changing or competing priorities (experience with project management/collaboration tools is a plus)
- Assertive in nature, able to reach out to cross-functional teams and drive conversations to identify, plan and execute opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure and within a collaborative team environment
- Detail oriented and highly analytical; financial acumen a plus
- Strong reasoning skills and an aptitude for problem solving
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.