Cardinal Health Sr. Specialist, Presource Marketing in Dublin, Ohio
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, branding an
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan
- this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
- Manage assigned product line(s) and support the salesforce by cross referencing competitive products, responding to finished good and component inquiries, evaluating pricing and GPO contracts, and assisting in the creation and management of customer-facing literature pieces, e-commerce banner ads, journal advertisements, various other internal/ external marketing pieces.
- Lead and manage any necessary product line refreshes, prioritizing and streamlining product sub-categories based on: market trends derived from analyzing GHX and Market Intelligence data, feedback from tenured sales representatives and clinicians, and also conducting cross functional workshops.
- Identify new growth opportunities within assigned product line(s), executing potential product line extensions through defined New Product Development process.
- Develop and provide sales training and day to day support to 300+ field sales representatives and Sales Operations teams.
- Interact with medical device manufacturers and suppliers to develop new growth strategies to optimize assigned product line(s).
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 2+ years experience in related field, preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possbile solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.