Cardinal Health Labeling Senior Specialist in El Paso, Texas
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, branding an
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet cu
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan
- this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning an
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
Sr Spec, Product and Solutions Marketing
The Labeling Position - Sr Spec, Product and Solutions Marketing - provides business value by managing labeling projects for Cardinal Health products across the Medical Segment. The Labeling Sr. Specialist Position achieves this through a cross-functional process that results in the development of labeling specifications and the subsequent submission of the label detail to the Creative Services team through the automated Asset Management System (AMS). The understanding of the automated AMS to Product Managers and suppliers is integral to the successful completion of the Sr. Specialists responsibilities. The Labeling Sr. Specialist Position is responsible for routing labeling specifications and label copy for approval.
- Effectively communicate Cardinal Health labeling standards, understand regulatory and trademark requirements, and communicate appropriate needs to Product Managers during a labeling project
- Ability to work and communicate verbally and via email with cross-functional teams, and suppliers.
- Provide direction and guidance to cross-functional team members in a project setting
Provides exceptional customer service to cross-functional teams and suppliers involved in the creation and approval of label specifications and product labels by providing:
Frequent updates through standard communication tools to project team members, and Labeling management
- Project tracking and follow-up towards completion of milestones
- Problem-solving and problem elevation, as required
- Ability to proactively deliver project coordination and management to meet deadlines established in a fast-paced organization.
- Concurrent management of several labeling projects with variable timelines and deliverables
- Lead and enforce process execution for issue resolution. Understand, and execute proactively and independently against business needs
- Proactively identify potential project risks, identify solutions and execute flawlessly
Expert user of the Asset Management System (AMS)
- Supplier liaising
- Approval routing
Provide AMS support to other system functional users and stakeholders
Functional support – hands on and question resolution
- Phrase management
- Ability to support the labeling creative design process, understand print and production principles
- Proficient at proofreading and reviewing packaging, labeling, and graphic content against the approved label specifications, regulatory and IP specifications.
- Continuous improvement mind set and ability to help execute on improvement projects
Project management skill set and coordination (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing)
- Risk mitigation
- Problem recognition and solving
- Prioritizes multiple tasks while meeting deadlines; proactively communicates project status (health, forecast, issues, risks, etc.) to stakeholders in an open and honest fashion. Effectively balances competing project constraints.
- Can work on several simultaneous and complex projects
- Able to contribute to the development of policies and procedures to improve processes and increase production efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Able to complete work independently. Can be trusted to do the right thing 100% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years on proven experience effectively managing / coordinating projects
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 2+ years experience in related field, preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possbile solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.