Cardinal Health Manager, Supply Chain Inventory & Purchasing in El Paso, Texas
What a Manager of Supply Chain Inventory & Purchasing contributes to Cardinal Health:
The Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing team is responsible for managing supplier relations at a tactical level by executing and expediting purchase orders. Supply Chain Inventory/Purchasing ensures the right quantity of products arrive in the right place, at the right time and cost. Assists in negotiating product and supply chain costs. Utilize terms and conditions of supplier contracts, work with internal customers to improve processes, and evaluate supplier performance that ultimately improves the supply chain.
- Demonstrates decision making skills to make optimal purchasing decisions based on supplier and customer contracts, situational information, and all other available data for assigned product lines at the optimum cost.
- Utilizes influencing, communication, and collaborative skills to partner with all internal customers (i.e. Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc.) and external Supplier Partners to ensure timely delivery of products to assigned distribution centers and the efficiency of our Supply Chain.
- Possesses technical skills around our purchasing systems (SCORE and SAP), Expediting system (EAI web based tool), reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, and MS Access/Excel).
- Final decision makers for forecast and inventory related decisions for their assigned supplier portfolio.
- Understands and meets goals for Service Level, Days of Inventory on hand, purchase order expediting, and others as established by the management team.
- Runs and analyzes data from multiple data sources to understand the root cause of a problem or low metric and to have quality discussions with supplier partners.
- Develops long term relationships with supplier partners to continually push to improve purchasing processes.
Responsible for managing supplier relations at a tactical level, may negotiate product cost, and utilizing terms and conditions, working with internal customers to reduce product cost, improve the supply chain and evaluate supplier performance, and executing purchase orders and manages raw material inventory. Responsible for selecting and managing a diverse supply base to create best total value for acquisition of all purchased materials, products and services in compliance with applicable policies, legal and regulatory requirements. Competitive advantage is created through strategy development, supplier selection, contract negotiation, management of orders, risks, strategic supplier relationships and performance, supplier development, and the technology, information and analysis to enable the process through fact-based decision making.
- Manages Professional Buyers and Coordinators in the procurement department
- of materials for Domestic and International business in support of MPS-Convertors
- Service and Inventory goals and targets.
- Assure Supplier Performance to maintain delivery performance standards, quality
- standards, and implement cost saving projects. Develops processes and procedures
- to implement functional strategies
- Provide support to and collaborate with Manufacturing, Technical Services,
- Planning, Customer Service, and Logistics to implement special projects and meetConvertersInitiatives.
- Has accountability for managing financial resources – Budget & Purchase Orders
- Prepare human resource planning evaluations and provide performance feedback.
- Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in
- own area
- Provides technical guidance to employees and maintains operating system database
- for Purchasing. Assure departmental compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures and maintain audit readiness.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to speak fluent English & Spanish preferred
- 2-5 years of experience within supply chain management, purchasing or planning required
- Planning system software experience
- Experience in Excel, Access & Microsoft Tools
- Certifications in supply chain or purchasing preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level:
Track/Level: M2 -- Tactical/operational management role
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.