Cardinal Health VP, Manufacturing Cordis in El Paso, Texas
Function: Manufacturing -- Manufacturing is responsible for cost of production and maintenance activities including process improvement, supply chain management, quality assurance, employee safety and engagement, and environmental commitment.
Family: Manufacturing Management -- Responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Manufacturing function.
Track/Level: M4 -- Operational/strategic management role
- Provides leadership and direction for multiple operational units or disciplines through Directors; may manage managers. Responsible for the overall direction, processes, systems and talent development in the areas of manufacturing engineering, production, materials & supply chain planning and facilities.
- Develops future leaders by providing resources and support to develop skills and capabilities through unique development opportunities. Leads the planning and execution of talent management within Cordis to improve bench strength and to support enterprise-wide succession planning.
- Responsible for planning, sourcing, production and delivery to ensure product quality, cost and delivery requirements are met.
- Develop and deploy a strategic manufacturing plan based upon internal/external factors that focuses on manufacturing site capacity, technical talent optimization that is aligned to overall business strategy, and operative objectives.
- Shapes and integrates functional and/or operational strategy. Sets aggressive growth or optimization goals that align to the segment strategy. Establishes overall direction and strategies for product flow through the manufacturing operations for Cordis.
- Makes decisions, at times difficult and/or unpopular, that support and drive the organization’s strategy; influences others to support and execute the decisions. Fosters personal courage in others.
- Ensures results are achieved by providing resources, removing obstacles and motivating others.
- Manages an organizational budget. Applies business expertise to develop financial & operational objectives.
- Approves significant policies and procedures that will result in the achievement of organizational goals. Reviews analyses of activities, cost, operations and forecast data to determine network progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Creates relationships across the company with all levels of internal and/or external parties including but not limited to clinical, global planning, marketing, manufacturing, regulatory, customers and other key stakeholders. Leverage cultural and individual differences amongst parties to maximize success and champion team decisions.
- Influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance. Provide regular updates to senior management on project progress, timelines and critical path items.
- Directs the development of systems and processes that enable innovative problem solving; consistently demonstrates operational excellence and the balance of risk taking. Key driver of fostering an operational excellence culture at all levels of the function.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 15+ years related work experience required, including 5+ years leadership experience
- Experience in Ops Excellence (Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience in managing multiple sites/locations; preferred operational management experience outside of the US.
- Developing business-specific strategies and implementing them
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time with significant time spent in the Mexico manufacturing operations
Competency Level: Strategic
Breadth of Technical Knowledge
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
- Leverages breadth of knowledge in influencing senior leaders to adopt new functional solutions that define the overall business strategy
- Provides expert counsel to internal and external parties regarding the potential impact of decisions
- Partners with relevant parties on the delivery of value-added solutions to achieve strategic objectives
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others in order to influence important outcomes.
- Builds trust with key influencers and draws on strategic relationships across the globe to secure sponsorship of projects and change efforts
- Guides others to practice open-mindedness; considers the perspectives of different groups/units within Cardinal Health when influencing business direction
- Applies influence to gain support from groups within the company or the community