Cardinal Health Associate II, Material Handling (3rd Shift) in Fort Mill, South Carolina
What Material Handling contributes to Cardinal Health
Uses a variety of equipment such as forklifts, conveyers, cranes, handcarts, and power trucks to move materials, parts, assemblies and finished products or goods within a plant, office or warehouse. May maintain records.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years related work experience and/or training required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
SPECIFIC & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Receive, stock, and replenish components
- Unload trucks
- Maintain forklift and batteries
- Utilize Stand Up Reach, Order Picker/Cherry Picker, Turret and/or Walkie Rider to accomplish required tasks
- Perform to company standard 5’s program.
- Perform other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by the Supervisor and or lead.
- Perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, Local, and State and Federal provisions.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to drive Stand Up Reach, Order Picker/Cherry Picker, Turret, Walkie Rider
- Limited sitting
- Standing and walking 8 hours a day
- Pushing/Pulling pallet jacks weighing 50lbs to 75lbs
- Lifting boxes of components weighing 10lbs to 40lbs
- Constant balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling
- Constant stepping on and off ladders and stairs within an 8 hour a day
- Constant grasping with both hands
- Full range of motion of head
- Visual and auditory as required by OSHA general duty clause, Section 5 (A) (1).
- Must be able to lift up to 40lb.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.