Cardinal Health Supervisor, Productions(Receiving) in Fort Mill, South Carolina
What Production Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for Production Operations, Maintenance, Plant Engineering, Safety, Quality Control, Scheduling, Accounting, and Employees. Supervises plant personnel directly and through subordinate managers and/or supervisors. Prepares and maintains long- and short-range plans. Promotes good relations with community, government agencies, customers, and union representatives. Conducts or participates in conduct of labor negotiations and administers wage, salary, and bonus programs in accordance with corporate policies. Reviews, evaluates, and approves promotion and transfer of exempt personnel.>br>Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 2+ years related work experience required
- Demonstrated success in managing people and leading a team
- Strong communication skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
SPECIFIC & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Lead, guide, and direct area employees to achieve and sustain safety, quality, service and productivity goals
- Manage the flow of readily available work for downstream processes, monitor workflow and provide direction and guidance to employees accordingly
- Create accountability for the area by enforcing and administering policies and procedures for any deviations from policy/procedure
- Identify and provide resolution to any training, equipment, material or other issues that may affect safety, quality, service and productivity
- Seek out, implement, and share best practices within and across departments to improve safety, quality, service, and productivity
- Act as area problem solver and provide pro-active solutions to potential and existing roadblocks
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles to standardize processes, implement process improvements and ensure consistency of quality
- Track, measure and manage employee performance
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate shift staffing
- Payroll and PTO management
- Monitor receiving/stocking accuracy
- Project activities to meet receiving goals and objectives.
- Direct receiving, stocking, and replenishment efforts.
- Analyze pick shorts and in-process delays in relation to replenishment, receiving, and stocking errors
- Perform to company standard 5’s program.
- Perform other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by the Supervisor and or lead.
- Perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, Local, and State and Federal provisions.
- GED or High School Diploma required
- Bachelor degree or experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- 2-5 year supervisor experience required in a warehouse/receiving environment required.
- Warehouse environment – sitting, standing, stooping, and walking continuously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lb.
- Detail, service, and action oriented
- Must be able to be trained on Powered Industrial Track
- Ability to collect, process, and analyze data to drive process improvements
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to wear steel toe shoes
Responsible for supervising receiving, stocking, and replenishment employees. Ensure inventory accuracy in raw material warehouse by minimizing errors with receiving, stocking, and material issues. Identify opportunities and coordinate corrective actions to improve inventory flow and accuracy of data.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.