Cardinal Health Truck Driver (Class A) in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Truck Driver (Class A) Yard Switching
What Truck Driver contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation (trucking) assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
- High school diploma or GED required some college preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Good written communication skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderatly difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occassionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
- Minimum age of 23
- Class A CDL with 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with handling a semi-trailer; pulling in and out of docks – 53’ trailers
- Able to be trained on Powered Industrial Truck
- No sitting
- Standing and walking 8 hours in a day
- Constant balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling
- Constant stepping on and off PIT equipment throughout the 8 hour day
- Constant grasping with both hands
- Full range motion of head
- Visual and auditory as required by OSHA general duty clause, Section 5 (A) (1).
- Must be able to lift up to 40lb.
- Minimum of two year verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience (must have 48" to 53" trailer length experience)
- No more than three moving violations combined in the past three years as listed on the MVR/PSP
- No “serious” violations in the past three years as listed on the MVR/PSP. Serious violations include: Excessive speeding - 15 mph over limit; improper or erratic lane change; following too close; a violation arising in connection with a fatal accident; driving a CMV without a CDL; driving a CMV without a CDL in the driver's possession; driving a CMV without the proper class of CDL and/or endorsements for the specific vehicle being operated; violating a State or local law or ordinance on motor vehicle traffic control prohibiting texting and/or prohibiting the use of a hand-held mobile telephone while driving a CMV;
- No DWIs, drug or alcohol convictions and/or reckless driving violations in the past five years as listed on the MVR/PSP
- No more than three preventable accidents in the past three years as listed on the PSP; MVR and/or driver application
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.