Cardinal Health Senior Operations Engineer in Gananoque, Canada
Cardinal Health-Gananoque manufactures many life impacting medical devices that help our customers thrive in a changing world. We are your humble partners, striving each day to make healthcare more efficient, providers more effective and our patients as healthy as possible. We are more than 500 employees with 119 years of Canadian history, a deep understanding of the medical devices we manufacture every day and a passion for innovation. We apply our industry experience and expertise to help you reduce the total cost of healthcare so you can focus on improving the lives of our patients. We utilize our scale and knowledge to create and provide solutions across our entire product portfolio—not just at certain points, but from start to finish; not only today, but well into the future. We’re accountable for our results and proud of the work we perform.
We are currently seeking a Senior Operations Engineer to join the team on a full time permanent basis, to sit in our Gananoque Manufacturing facility.
As an Operations Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and expertise to the entire Gananoque site, yet focused on operations & maintenance for the specification, design, installation, start-up, and sustenance of facility processes and support equipment. You will oversee multiple projects of various scale and provide support to project teams, particularly as it applies to production processes and support equipment in support of an FDA regulated 24/7 manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for using technical and lean manufacturing tools to complete a variety of plant continuous improvement projects. Projects may already be in a variety of different statuses from non-existent, to concept known, to ready to implement. Drive activities which support corporate safety & quality programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a technical leader and a professional representative of the management team your daily actions are expected to be carried out as a role model in exhibiting such behaviors and fostering the development of our corporate values: accountable, tenacious, inventive, adaptable, enthusiastic, competitive, open, direct, respectful, trusted and inclusive.
- Manage multiple projects of various scale associated with manufacturing/industrial design, new facility layouts, facility upgrades, and design and installation of new production and material handling equipment, process improvements, cost containments, yield improvements, and scrap reduction.
- Utilizes corporate capital processes to support project execution in a financially responsible fashion, in collaboration with Senior Leadership.
- Implement technology advancements and best practices into operations.
- Support operations & maintenance, project teams by providing direct technical expertise during trouble shooting, optimization, center lining and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for seeing that all related activities are performed in a manner that complies with the Cardinal Quality Management, Safety or Environmental Management Systems, and all governing regulatory bodies.
- Interpret internal and/or external business opportunities and recommends solutions. Solves complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Apply statistical methods including DOE, SPC, Flow Charting, and FMEA tools as part of routine process analysis. Support for manufacturing issues, CAPA’s, SCARS and audits.
- Develop, execute and document protocols and reports for test methods, process studies and process validations, maintain accurate and compliant documentation to meet company and regulatory expectations.
EDUCATION/TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 15+ years industrial/manufacturing engineering experience
- Industrial/manufacturing process and/or packaging automation experience
- Project Management, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma certification/experience an asset
- Experience in a regulatory environment is an asset (cGMPs)
- Working knowledge of Quality Management, Auditing, Engineering, and ISO
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams
- An adaptable, inclusive, respectful and value-driven professional (PEO Licensed or eligible)
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Cardinal Health is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources team is responsible for working with applicants requesting an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.