Cardinal Health Electrician Team Lead - 1st shift in Greenwood, South Carolina
• Work closely with maintenance personnel and leadership to ensure electrical malfunctions are repaired accurately and in a timely manner.
• Accountable for the growth, development, career progression and correction of employees.
• Accountable for scheduling PTO for Electrical Team
• Request/coordinate support from Management and plant resources as needed.
• Support the Production Electricians. (i.e. ordering parts, developing, troubleshooting, etc.)
• Submit input to update monthly activity report and all other requested reports.
• Manage and coach Production Electricians resources in their day-to-day responsibilities.
• Support, promote and participate in continuous improvement activities.
• Attend required developmental training. Coordinate necessary training for Production Electricians.
• Interface effectively with all departments and levels.
• Observe all safety precautions and regulations. Be proactive in addressing safety issues and concerns. Report all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
• Understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
• Make decisions in an independent mode, if necessary. Accept new duties as assigned.
• Work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
• Manage PM schedule and ensure our PM system is maintained adquately.
• Lead three shifts of Production Electricians. Work evening and night shifts and weekends as necessary.
What Electrical Engineer Technician contributes to Cardinal Health
Electrical Engineering Technicians is responsible for building, testing and troubleshooting electrical/electronic circuitry and other systems used in finished equipment.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- 3 or more years related work experience required
- Ability to train and coach others from technical expertise
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assisgnments
- Demonstrates expert undeerstanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of intiative to resolve issue
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.