Cardinal Health Operational Excellence Manager in Greenwood, South Carolina
What a Manufacturing Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Manufacturing function.As a core member of the plant management team, this person runs process improvement projects at the plant level, assists in training, organizes and coordinates Operational Excellence (OpEx) activities, works with Operational Excellence Manager (Master Black Belt or MBB) and plant to select and prioritize projects, to help deploy training/education and is responsible for all applicable metrics and reporting.Manages cost reduction projects.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Must understanding and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Must lead plant improvement projects of significant size and scope.
- Will assist plant management in selecting and “knitting” (1) projects, (2) project/team leaders and (3) champions that align with business/functional goals and strategies.
- Will keep the plant project hopper updated with new project ideas and discards low value projects.
- Will ensure plant project tracking dashboard and plant OpEx scorecard are maintained and results are communicated monthly.
- Must communicate Operational Excellence information/news to plant personnel.
- Must assist in the coordination and deployment of the plant Operational Excellence plan.
- Must assist leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes,
- Will coordinate, and conduct as applicable, training in key Operational Excellence areas.
- Must support the Operational Excellence Manager (MBB) in the overall deployment of OPEX training, best practice sharing and in mentoring project teams and leaders.
- Must manage the duties of process engineers and one (1) clerical. Establish goals (objectives and drive results meet goals/requirement of the facility.
- Must complete Black Belt training and Lean Certifications within two (2) years as Plant OpEx Manager.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or coordinate high impact process improvement projects.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must work with production department in identifying waste reduction opportunities to maximize positive material variances.
- Maintain/establish Bill of Materials for all new codes. Supply to planning.
- Maintain Frozen Bill of Materials for all codes/SKU’s.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelors degree required, Master's degree is a plus
- A minimum of 5+ years related work experience required, including 1+ year supervisory experience.
- Green belt or black belt preferred, experience with lean six sigma projects required.
- Demonstrated success in managing people and leading multiples teams and/or departments
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated success in achieving results along with strong financial acumen and project management
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.