Cardinal Health Operator III - 2nd Shift Upads in Greenwood, South Carolina
What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must utilize the SCORE program and actively participate in safety meetings.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Will order all material necessary to manufacture and package the appropriate product
- Will load and change raw materials
- Will troubleshoot and maintain the machine
- Must maintain the proper levels of hotmelt, polymer and fragrance as applicable to the machine.
- Will clean the machine and the immediate area as well as keep equipment and materials neat and orderly and in their proper place
- Will perform and document quality and processing audits
- Will initiate, maintain and complete all required paperwork for this position
- Will update BPCS with production and downtime data as required
- Will be required to conduct inspections such as unlabeled containers and guarding, quality controls, cycle counts, etc.
- Must meet production and quality standards on a consistent basis
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years related work experience and/or training required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.